Saturday, September 29, 2007

THE GIRL WITH THINGS AROUND HER HEAD


There she was like I had expected her to be that night with her messed up hair, t-shirt and boxers. Hurriedly but yet calm as she unlocked the grill. No words as she turned away as I stepped into her lair as usual. Everyhing was just routine and nothing new expected. I sat on the floor beside the shoe rack as I untied my shoe lace. The essential things for the night I had carefully laid by the wall neatly packed in a plastic bag. Boxed fruit drinks and a bottle of mineral water, two packs of cigarrettes of her brand, a new lighter, some cotton buds and some of her favourite junk food. By then she was already in the hall and I could hear her singing along her favourite song from the radio. I walked the little corridoor leading to the hall.

There she sat on the floor in the middle of the hall with all her messed up things all over the place unarranged as usual. She just kept on singing as I sat in front of her. A lighted candle was between us. It was already a little past 3 o`clock in the morning as her eyes sparkled with unexplained confidence about all those things around her head. I just gave her a little chuckle as she kept on singing. Just seeing her in that jagged reality and yet losing herself with all those things around was an enough welcomed sight for me.

Most of all, she had shared with me all those things around her head.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missed that gurl...kindda moment....only if i cud turn back time...i wish ill be that gurl again...just once

1:46 AM  
Blogger DREAMSTORM said...

We can always revisit and relive the moment in a new way but they won`t be the same though.

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 Copyright © 2008 Dreamstorm, Inc. All rights reserved.